Monday, January 30, 2012

January goals results

The results:


Read Money and Marriage book
Take my medications daily (made big improvement)
Take the 30 day encourage your husband challenge    I still have a few more days that will carry over to next month, but I did complete the days I was supposed to. 
Complete at least 1-2 school projects
Buy at least 2 new outfits
Make plans for garden
Budget meeting with Ken on financial goals for the year. (Failed! Ken didn't realize there was a deadline for this one) 
Organize kitchen counters, drawers, cabinets, pantry, refrigerator and freezer.


I also read The money saving moms budget which was on my reading list for the year. Not on my reading list but I did read The Simple Dollar, and I Surrender All which was still along the lines of the personal development I am working on this year. I still struggle with taking my pills daily but it's getting much better. I had the additional challenge of getting everything out of Kaiser as well back to CVS but Ken told me my pills are now ready. Encouraging my husband daily is really hard for me because saying encouraging things is something that really takes effort for me. This was probably the hardest thing I had to do, and I think when I am done I am going to do it again. It sounds terrible to say that, but words of encouragement is not my love language but it is my husbands so I have to try hard at it. I completed 1 project but it felt so good I hope to do at least the same this month or better. I asked for help from a friend of mine and it was so encouraging for me along with setting the goal. I would not have done it otherwise. I bought 8 new blouses for my new office job, I went to Goodwill so it only cost $24! I met with a friend who is a master gardener who gave me advice on planning my garden, so I have a better idea of what to do. I met all my organizational goals and I can't tell you how excited I am about the spices. I will post pictures on that later. The big disappointment was the financial goal meeting because my husband just didn't understand there was a deadline! He is new to the monthly goal project but he promised to meet with me on Friday. All in all it was a productive month! 

No comments: